Sunday, August 24, 2014

Legacy

It began with a shock, followed by grave acceptance and taking over of the responsibility of being the elder. Then came the pain. The sense of loss. Despair. Depression. Slowly its turned to a dull acceptance and moving on of life. But those tears flow. Every now and then. Unexpected. The roads we drove on. The places we visited. The things we did together. The music you enjoyed. The philosophies you passed on. The lessons of kindness you imparted. The love for shayari. The rights and the wrongs. Some times the tears are coupled with smiles and laughter. Sometimes with the feeling of pain and loss. Life is moving on. But memories will always bind me to you. Tears will always continue to flow. Sometimes in silence and sometimes in crowd. You will always be a part of my life. Because you are in me. And I am you. The way you always wanted. The way I never thought. Finally I see the world and life, the way you saw it. After you are gone. Guess that is what legacy is all about.