Tuesday, July 08, 2014

As Love Should Be

"When I did not meet you half way and you took that extra step to meet me....would it be fair for you to expect me to take an extra step another time?"

"No my dear, you need not take an extra step another time. But remember that if the extra steps are always mine, then my shoes would wear and tear and I would eventually bleed. If you take that extra step once in a while, and they may still not be equal to mine, however they will help me go on longer"


"But if we are not balanced in our steps then at some point of time your shoes will be torn before mine. What then?"


"If you took those few extra steps earlier, I am sure you will want to take some more when that happens"


"Okay. But with all those steps we take towards each other, some day both our shoes are bound to be worn and torn"


"It might be so. Yours might get torn first or mine might be the first to go. But my love, I pray with all my might, that our shoes tear at the same time so that we can hold our hands together and fly into the new world. We will no longer require those shoes. All that will matter is that we will be together"


She smiled as she heard his words and took a step towards him. 


~Sabiha (8th July 14)