Friday, March 31, 2006

Time with Self

I meet a lot of people
I make a lot of friends
I party hard and enjoy
I keep up with the trends

But also there’s this person
Someone inside me
Who needs my attention
And wants to be with me

In the months bygone
I haven’t been with her
Too engrossed in activity
And vying another

The self has been lonely
And loosing on her charm
My sudden social standing
Doing her much harm

So now I have started
Spending alone time
Pondering with the self
This best friend of mine

I have learnt a lesson
And will keep it in mind
Time spent with oneself
Is one of its kind!

It rejuvenates me
And keeps me going
By making peace with self
I’m a better human being!

~Sabiha

2 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger charuta said...

Right now my life is super strssed with 10 hrs of working n all...
m firing evryone around, being snappy...in short...not myself!

thanks for this! i knew i deserve a break soon....this post motivated me further! :)

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger desertdew said...

Great to know that Charuta! Sometimes it becomes an effort to be with oneself doesnt it? But hope you have taken the step and it has helped you! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home